- This site collects no personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals.
- We may use a "cookie" in the browser files of a user's access device. The cookie itself does not contain personally identifying information although it will enable us to relate a user's use of our sites to help us improve our services generally.
- We do not sell our users' email addresses.
- A valid email address must be provided by people registering for the Bango service. This email address will not be transmitted to other parties without user consent or specific action.
- While we will seek to require third parties with whom we have agreements to follow appropriate privacy policies, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
- Mail messages sent to Bango staff or via the Bango system may be monitored for legal and quality of service purposes.
- If you wish to use our products or services outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to that country. Our web sites and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of the EU. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside the EU may not be as comprehensive as the laws of countries within the EU.
Users can send questions or comments to Bango via our feedback page.
Your data is collected, stored and processed by Bango.net Ltd, on servers based in the UK. We therefore comply with UK and EU privacy laws. This policy applies to Bango.net Ltd and our US company, Bango, Inc.
Bango provides business with mobile web payment and analytics technology. This means;
- We process payments on behalf of mobile content providers (CPs) who are selling music, games, applications and so on to internet connected mobile phone users – Bango Payment. Bango is able to charge payments to mobile phone bills or use other billing methods such as credit card based on information about the user.
- We provide an internet based tracking system for CPs who wish to identify and record visitors interacting with mobile marketing campaigns, websites and applications - Bango Analytics.
The CP owns the data and Bango shares information about users with the CP as part of our core service.
Many of our CPs are based outside of the EU, therefore we cannot guarantee they follow the same due diligence with regards to personal information as EU companies.
Bango requires that CPs post clear information about data collection practices as part of their own privacy policies.
Personal information (PI) is identifiable to an individual. For the Bango system, this may include;
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address (if given)
- Type of content searched for or purchased
- Services or pages accessed
- Credit card information
We also collect cookies, browser header information, IP addresses, date and time of access.
Arbitrary data encoded into a URL or web beacon - URL query string and campaign parameters, product information, goods purchased, advertising campaigns clicked, web pages reached.
Bango User ID
This is a unique identification number that we use in order to minimize the amount of PI we disclose to CPs. A Bango User ID on its own is not personally identifiable.
It is created from cookies, browser header information, IP addresses and information supplied by Bango partners. It is also linked to your device (manufacturer and model), mobile network operator or mobile virtual network operator, current connection and operator’s country.
We use it to accurately identify you in order to correctly process your payments and deliver you the best payment experience.
Where possible, Bango will share information with a CP using only the User ID, which is not identifiable to an individual.
Disclosure to CPs
A CP can access the mobile number, transaction history (and email if given) of people who have purchased content on their site only for the following reasons:
- Customer support or refund requests
- Marketing to users who have opted in for that purpose
- If it is needed for content delivery
CPs are only given access to mobile telephone numbers for these purposes once their use has been approved by Bango, and as permitted under the rules and regulations defined by the mobile network operator.
Depending on their package level, some CPs can match User IDs with telephone numbers for support and marketing purposes. Here, the User ID would become personal information and the CP would also be able to see your transaction history.
Disclosure of PI as above is done though a secure API. This is a secure server-to-server API allowing access to the details of users held within the Bango system. The web services API is protected by three primary levels of security to ensure that only authorized clients use it to access only their own data:
- API username / password and third party account authentication
- Client IP address verification
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data transport
Bango uses HTTPS for a higher degree of security when sending user data between servers. The Bango server will only accept requests from authorized IP addresses.
Occasionally we share PI by telephone or email for individual support related queries. We encourage users to contact the CP directly to minimize the amount of PI we share and we will always get your verbal approval before speaking to a CP or mobile network operator on your behalf about your account.
We never share your credit card, Paypal or other payment account details with a CP.
Disclosure to third parties
We never disclose PI or pass to a third party other than the CP or mobile network operator without explicit prior consent.
Protection of PI
Where we store the 16 digit credit card number and expiry date, these are encrypted. These are stored to make it quicker and easier next time you make a purchase.
We never store the CVV number.
Access to PI is restricted to employees who need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you in order to do their job.
We provide training to employees who handle PI and treat it as a disciplinary matter if they misuse or don’t look after PI properly.
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with government, mobile network operator, mobile and privacy organization guidelines and regulations.
We keep PI to the minimum necessary to provide a service to you and fulfil our CP contractual requirements.
We do not share data with a CP after you have been inactive for six months.
Bango may suspend your use of our service where we suspect unauthorized or fraudulent use, pending satisfactory clarification of the correct use of services at our sole discretion.
Bango never stores personal information within cookies or any other accessible location. A cookie is simply associated with an anonymous Bango User ID.
Cookies expire three months after last seen by a Bango product or service. This is to maintain the best possible fraud prevention capabilities.
In your browser settings menu (sometimes within a submenu ‘Privacy’ or ‘Security’ or ‘Advanced’) there will be an option or a check box for switching your Cookies on or off. Unselect the check box or turn it to ‘off’, ‘reject’ or ‘never’. For full instructions on how to disable cookies on your specific device, please refer to your manufacturer’s instructions.
Right to access/object
You can delete an associated Bango User ID at any time by visiting http://bango.net on your mobile phone or PC.
You can opt out from data collection or marketing by visiting http://bango.net on your mobile phone or PC.
You can check and/or amend the information we store about you by emailing email@example.com or calling customer services on +44 844 858 8076.
Questions and feedback